CERTIFICATE IV IN TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 covers the skills and knowledge required to deliver training and conduct assessment within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) industry in the role of a skilled trainer, facilitator and assessor. The training and assessment could be in a structured training environment, at a workplace, on the job instruction, one-on-one training of the apprentices or coaching and mentoring of staff.
It is a nationally recognized qualification and only the Australian Registered Training Organizations have the accreditation to issue the qualifications.
• We offer the course to people over 18 years of age as we expect people to be adults with some work and life experience.
• The course requires a good level of literacy–speaking, reading and comprehension and writing. This includes effective English language, communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to write a range of documentation. These skills are necessary for a trainer and assessor and indicated in the TAE10 Training Package Assessment guidelines.
• As a professional trainer you need good computer skills. The course requires you to use a computer and we supply assessments and projects on a USB or CD for you to complete on the computer.
• Students enrolling in the blended -learning course must have adequate access to a computer, the Internet and an email address to participate in this mode.
• You will require PowerPoint presentation software for the module Make a Presentation.
• You will communicate with the trainer by email, skype or phone you will send completed work typed up by email attachment or upload to a student portal. So, you do need technology support to make the course as smooth as possible.
• You will videotape some practical sessions and need access to that equipment at those points in the course.
ACHIEVING THE QUALIFICATION
To achieve the qualification, you are required to complete 10 units. (If you have existing skills and knowledge related to training and assessment, you could be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL ). You may be able to fast track your qualification via RPL or assessment only pathway .